In this article, we'll show you how to schedule a flight and request LAANC authorizations.
1. For iPad: On the left menu, select the calendar icon to open all active, complete, and incomplete scheduled flights.
For iPhone: On the bottom menu, select the calendar icon to open all active, complete, and incomplete scheduled flights.
2. To create a new flight plan, click here.
3. Next, you will add basic information about the scheduled flight, including name, type, start and end time. When finished, select the "Select flight plan" button.
4. If this is your first scheduled flight, you will be asked to provide a phone number. This number will be used by the FAA as a part of the LAANC approval process. First, you will enter your valid phone number, and then you will receive a confirmation code.
5. Next, you will select the flight plan you wish to schedule. When selected, the flight plan will appear on your map. When finished, select the "Select Operator" button.
6. Next, you will be asked to confirm your operator details. If correct, hit the "Confirm" button.
7. Next, you will see the flight approval details.
a) If no LAANC approval is required, select "Check approval" to proceed.
b) If LAANC authorization is required, you will be notified of required approvals and have the opportunity to submit a request.
8. After submission, you will be notified if issues exist. If no issues are present, you can select the "Submit" button to schedule your flight.
9. You will get a confirmation that your scheduled flight has been submitted. To see all scheduled flights, select the "See all flights" button.
10. All active, complete, and incomplete scheduled flights will be visible in your account.