In this article, we'll show you how to create an Area Exploration objective. Area Exploration objectives are a series of parallel sweeps, or route paths, within a defined area, that the drone will autonomously execute.
- To create an Area Exploration objective, you must first create a flight plan. (See Creating a Flight Plan).
To add objectives to your flight, tap on the “+” button at the top of the card.
- To create an Area Exploration objective, select this objective type.
- Next, you will be asked to provide basic information about the objective, including a name and description. When finished, select the "Draw area" button.
- Next, you will be prompted to draw the area you wish to fly for this objective. Tap the map to draw a boundary surrounding the area you wish to fly. Tap your first point again to close your perimeter. When finished, select the flight "Settings" button.
- Specify your flight settings for this objective. When finished, first select "Generate path" to automatically generate a route for your objective. You will see a route appear on the map that includes your reference point, start, waypoints, and end. When you're satisfied with your objective, you can now select the "Complete objective setup" button. When finished, select "Save".
- For iPad and iPhone: You will now see your flight plan and your Area Exploration objective in the menu.
To fly the flight plan immediately, select the "Drone" button. (See Connect Your Drone)